Friday 2 August 2013

Trying on Robot Suits

Sometimes I need to create something completely different from my usual art. When I get this urge one of the things I do is to go to charity or second hand book shops and look through the visual books there for inspiration. Yesterday I found a Taschen book on old robots. Which inspired me to draw this.

It took me less than 10 minutes and is ink on lovely brown craft paper in my hand made journal from my arty friend Little Raven. A big departure from my usual work, so I added a pretty girl face inside the suit.

I wish this month's theme was robots & machines. Maybe next month!

Have you tried drawing something different from your usual subjects recently. What did you draw & how did it go?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment and share your thoughts. It's great to connect with you!